Monday, September 12, 2005

Ok, so that was three days in the car, staying overnight in Memphis with an old college friend, Little Rock and then a whole bunch of Oklahoma nothing, swinging by Wichita to pick up my friend Erin (on her birthday), hanging out in Wichita longer than anyone ever should (about 15 hours), driving overnight through Oklahoma City, Amarillo and a few truck stops where we played "spot the lot lizards" (a very overnight-on-I-40 game), sunrise passing through Albequerque, breakfast on a Route 66 hotel called something like "El Rancho" where the decor was half old english, half old west, getting really excited about geography and then decidedly unimpressed by giant rocks, the much-too-large petrified forest and I think the rocks won, fake! dinosaurs!, mountains n' shit, more mountains, I am sick of driving by now, the hoover dam (sucks), getting lost in vegas then un-lost, 4am drinks n' delirium, sunday driving apartment to apartment with no luck and then back at the hotel where my car pees antifreeze everywhere and renders itself undrivable yet again, my subsequent tiny mental breakdown, Erin taking us to dinner at margaritaville (oh yeah that one- the food was surprisingly good), fry island?, waking up too early after Erin flew back midwest, car towed, first day at work and already finished an assignment, I have a computer again but it is not a laptop, I am trying to get my expenses worked out, I am tired and sober but at least I have things to do, I am starting to get that I-am-going-back-to-the-hotel-alone-no-friends-here-lump-in-my-throat, ok I have a new assignment gotta go, later dudes.