Monday, February 16, 2009

There's nothing quite like waking up still emotionally attached to whatever dream, or series of dreams, that just occurred. Mine were all wistful, equating to "somewhat pleasantly nostalgic", and I woke up missing childhood events that never actually happened. (I mean, yes these were my friends but we never starred together in a "Small Wonder"-esque sitcom in the mid 80's.) The tone was already set for the day, all I could think about was where are they now. All those friends I had when I was a kid and a teenager, the ones that I haven't "reconnected" with in one form or another. Which is, to say, 99% of them. So I spent an hour typing names into the facebook search field.

Oh, and p.s. that never turns out the way you want.

Between that and the unlikely Vegas storm that's causing equal amounts of flooding in my brain, today was pretty much useless. I saw Coraline 3D, it would have been better had the theater not been packed, and then everyone who arrived a half hour (!) late for the movie commented on this, loudly and whilst stomping up and down the aisles trying to find seats. My favorite thing is to complain about there being too many children in a children's movie, and at a matinee no less. I spent another hour eating a veggie fatburger (dude, so good) and even another hour jogging on a treadmill, watching Butch Cassidy on TCM while providing my own Chamillionaire-heavy soundtrack via ipod. Fitness!


I think the real question is why wasn't I starring in a sitcom. I mean, look at that FACE. I know I'm buyin' ad time.