Friday, June 24, 2005

This afternoon, exactly mid-afternoon which is 3pm, I decided to acknowledge the knocking sound coming from the general direction of my door as someone at my door and not just the usual construction shennanigans. Several seconds after said acknowledgement I found myself standing face to face with Jamal, Jamal and his supersoaker, his brand-new supersoaker which included an extra tank of water cleverly disguised as a backpack. The reason I knew it was brand-new, and well here I suppose is the meat and potatoes of any remaining antecdote exposition, was because not twenty four hours prior I not-so-cleverly cleared his house of all previous supersoakers after having been cornered and drenched and then forced to remain damp for approximately 700 rounds of spades. (Most of which team mine won, I kick ass at old people games.)
And so at 3pm, I was once again supersoaked. Through my less than protective screen door. Into my kitchen, all over the fridge. At which point Jamal declares I AM THE KING OF SUMMER before continuing to an unspecified destination, though one would suppose it was in the direction of the actual location of his missing arsenal (which I instructed were "in the north highland area" oh yeah the funny part was that I didn't even have his original damn supersoakers, what would I want with some waterguns do I look like the king of summer or something).

here is a visual aid: