Monday, February 04, 2008

I have nothing to do today. Ssshhh, don't tell anyone. I finished all my jobs in the busy busy busy that was last week, and I suddenly came to a full stop this morning. Full stop like the king's period. With nothing due until the 8th. Did you guys watch the commercials on the Superbowl? Last night? I have nothing to say about it except for the ones that were obviously meant to offend everyone who watched it. I heard they were self-aware about the whole thing, but that might just be something concocted after the fact. I hate advertising, I wish I could get paid to write poetry and download movies for the rest of my life. Did I mention that I have NOTHING TO DO.

Here are the movies that I watched / downloaded this weekend:
Thoroughly Modern Millie
Sleeper
Eyes Wide Shut
Cabaret
The Panic in Needle Park

I love that Thoroughly Modern Millie is essentially a three-hour musical about a white slave trade. It was the most awesomely ridiculous thing I have ever seen, like The Great Gatsby but instead of subtext there's an acid trip. And instead of a death pool there's Carol Channing singing about raspberries. Sleeper is probably my least favorite of the Woody Allen/Diane Keaton movies, although I do like a good early 70's vision of the future. The Panic In Needle Park started off interesting enough, but then dwindled a bit towards the end. Oh, well. Oh, heroin. I only netflixed it for the Didion/Dunne factor. I haven't watched EWS or Cabaret yet, although I've seen them both before.
"Netflixed" is the "rented" of the now. MARK MY WORDS. ARE YOU MARKING THEM.