Sunday, April 09, 2006

I am bored, I think. There are a million things I should be doing but instead I have been alternating between lying in bed and trying to muster an internet connection. Every time I lie down I have terrible dreams, not terrible but anxiety-ridden. I need a valium for my dreams. I'm trying to find someone in a building that keeps changing. It's important that I find this person but what do you do in a building that never stays in form. I'm trying to catch a plane but I don't know how to get to the airport/what time the plane takes off. I usually arrive at airports hours earlier than necessary and spend the rest of the time walking around the concourses with a soundtrack in my earphones. It's kind of relaxing, actually. Airports are relaxing, planes not so much. I am digressing.
Yesterday I bought some chairs for my apartment and I think that's it for the month. Decorating is so goddamn expensive and I want all my furniture now, all of it. I really should unpack what's already here to see what's what but that's numbers 8-76 on my million things I should be doing list, remember the one I am avoiding in favor of nasty dreams. Anyways one of the chairs is a friend for my plant Andre and the other one is lost in a sea of carpet and space. It really needs a couch. It really does, someone bring me a couch please. A couch and cable television and I think we will be set.
Last night Erin and I saw the aftermath of a terrible wreck on the corner of Trop and 15- something with enough force to tear the front end off a hummer and close the better part of four lanes. You can never tell with aftermath can you. At the doubledown we saw what appeared to be the love child of Michael Macdonald and Col. Sanders. dear god I hope it's smooth! Erin is going to have a party and play nothing but yacht rock. We also saw a hipster running in full urban get-up near UNLV and I sang "running hipster running free, see the hipster see the running hipster."
Maybe I will go to the gym in a bit. I wish they did yoga or pilates (or their special blend called "Piyo") at night, is that too much to ask. Apparently so.