Saturday, April 29, 2006

Last night I quite suddenly went to see Bloc Party and The Go! Team at Hard Rock, I say quite suddenly because I found out about it five minutes before getting the tickets and then not having time to go home and primp because the show literally started at 7:30. There were a lot of folks there, a lot of the seventeenish set or maybe I just can't tell how old anyone is anymore. At any rate I was nearly trampled to death near the front of the crowd, at one point I yelled to erin I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE INJURED AT A MOTHERFUCKING BLOC PARTY CONCERT. I went home after because I was tired- I am perpetually tired but it's ok, I woke up and bought vintage end tables. One for my record player and one for my alarm clock.
Today I also watched "View to a Kill" which is an awesome James Bond movie with Christopher Walken and that Duran Duran song about dancing into the fire. There were two really good parts: one is Christopher Walken's blimp which has a giant ZORIN logo on the side of it, in which him and Grace Jones have (something similar to) the following exchange:
"That's quite a view."
"...to a kill."
And the other part is how the Duran Duran song keeps replaying itself in orchestrated versions throughout the film, altered to fit the mood of the scene, be it romantic, sad or tense.



I will post concert photos as soon as I have access to my USB cable, which will be on monday.