Monday, November 12, 2007

We have a Trader Vic's now. Unfortunately they decided to Vegas douche-fy it. Because god forbid you open a bar on the strip that's not ultraloungey. Here's a little taste:



Yeah, you can still get a Menehune juice but you have to drink it at one of those stupid light bars. AND. It's right in front of the Bellagio fountains. You can't go anywhere here without being reminded of where you are, and how awful it truly is. I give this town another nine months at the most. I give this town an entire gestation period before moving to the Pacific Northwest, or Pittsburgh.
So I watched a lot of television while lazing on Sunday, I watched three kids movies: Pippi Longstocking (the original, hilariously dubbed Swedish version), Space Jam!, and Dinosaur. Here's some of a cupcake, one with dinosaur sprinkles:



I don't know what else? I really don't want to buy a ticket home for Christmas. Airfare is going up and up. Every time I get a paycheck there's always something big waiting to take a giant chunk out of it. And they are taking their sweet time on the paperwork for my raise, because god forbid anyone operate in a timely manner.
This is neither here nor there:



I'm going to try to start writing in this thing more than once a week.