Thursday, May 01, 2008

There are days when I miss Atlanta, there are days when I don't. Today is one of those days, by the way, which only sort of explains why I was perusing that atlantatimemachine.com website. And yeah, right now I have nothing better to do but find this little gem of an ad for the Clermont Lounge:



(An ad which undoubtedly begs the question "when did they stop taking credit cards")

Oh, and also there's this, a picture from the early 80's Atlanta "punk scene" I guess back when the Metroplex was around and Little 5 Points was actually punk. What's the term for nostalgia for a time you didn't even live through:


the liner notes indicate this photo was taken in 1984 by BILL HALLMAN.

(As found via Ladyblogging Atlanta, sorry Christa I'm totally sharking your bandwidth.)

My blogs, they go nowhere today.