Sunday, July 01, 2007

I finally saw Raising Arizona, my favorite line is the one about thinking round balloons are funny.

The high on Thursday is supposed to be 116. The high today was 111, so I don't doubt it. It's ridiculous weather. Last night I watched The Rentals play three songs before leaving, thank god I didn't have to pay to get in. I didn't so much mind the music as I minded the crowd. There was a dude up front more flailing than dancing, marking a certain dangerous circumference with his arm movements and being the only willing participant in a pseudo-slam dance session. He was wearing a stupid hat and therefore I dubbed him "ska-tard". Because I really really hate it when people dance with no regard for the safety of others. And also, when you try and slam dance to The Rentals.
I did a lot of shopping this weekend, it's been one of those weekends where I'm absolutely convinced that everyone I see is having a better life than I am. So I went shopping. I bought shoes.
Why do I keep downloading episodes of The Starter Wife. Summer television! It's like terrible terrible candy.