Thursday, July 12, 2007

My favorite part of the Colbert interview I just read, located here, concerning his new book (because EW is the absolute final in journalistic integrity):

Well, everyone does love additional content.
Value-added. My book is interactive. I understand that's what the kids are into. YouTube? YouWrite!

You could just put a mirror back there.
Oh, I so much want to put a Mylar mirror in the book! I want my book to be like Pat the Bunny. I want to have a little soft part, and a scratchy part, and don't get me started about the mirror. Oh! Hours of fun!


Pat the Bunny! That was my favorite when I was one years of age. Today I'm really more into staring at the internet than actually working. Or maybe even staring out the window. There's a plastic surgery clinic across the street, I can see people walk in and out of it but I'm too far away to see their faces. To see their horrible horrible deformities as they step in and out of a collective arsenal of Lexus EssYouVees.
I've been reading "Guns, Germs and Steel" and I really like it, I haven't read anything non-fiction in awhile that I've enjoyed quite so much. Even if I do have a tendency to break down chapters in my head like research papers, a way to read for theories instead of sentences. (I swear to god, I had written "syntactical idiosyncracies" in all srsness for a half second.) Anyways, anyways and my point is: if anyone can recommend some non-fiction books concerning economics or economic theory that aren't grad-school dull/impossible to get through, please recommend them in the comments. I'm brushing up.