Monday, January 09, 2006

One time I had this very southern American History teacher who tended to make sudden dramatic statements concerning general socioeconomic hardships in this nation's history. Come to think of it he kind of sounded like a slightly more masculine version of Blanche from the Golden Girls, or Blanche Dubois, or probably anyone named Blanche. Every time he said Civil War it came out something to the effect of "Civille Wawar". By far his most memorable statement was AND THEY TORE THE WALLPAPER FROM THE WALLS AND PUT THEM IN THE BOILING POT BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT. I have no idea what it was in reference to, exactly, but it really makes me thankful, mostly that I do not have to teach American History to high schoolers. Because I mean honestly I do not have the required gusto for tragic situations. Obviously.