Saturday, May 13, 2006

Last night was Mickey Avalon and Jucifer at the Celebrity Room. Mickey Avalon (LA's forerunner in the burgeoning drunken-glam-rap scene) has a song called "Jane Fonda", the chorus goes one, two, three, four get your booty on the dance floor work it out, shake it little momma let me see you do the jane fonda, at one point erin turned to me and said "I bet his parents are so proud".
I have no idea why he was on the same bill as count-the-amps Jucifer. Nothing really has to make sense out here, especially when walking the two blocks from the Celebrity Room to Beauty Bar involves passing something called "Neonopolis" and having such (presumably) pick-up lines yelled at you like "that's my favorite color combination!" re: erin's clothing, red white and black.
Here are some things that I said at the Beauty Bar:
"The song you are looking for is Don Henley's 'Boys of Summer'"
"You should just ask to try on his coat and then run out the door wearing it because that would be hilarious."
"I'm sorry for falling on your records."
"Where's my shoe?"
The dj said it was ok because he had already fallen on his own records twice. He also said he would never buy a Hall and Oates record. Oh and it turned out we were dancing with one of the dudes in "Shiny Toy Guns". He looked like Carlos D. He kept posing. He found my shoe.

I didn't take any pictures but here are some visual aids:

Mickey Avalon


Shiny Toy Guns


Hall and Oates