Sunday, May 28, 2006

Today I went into the desert, up a hill and into a cave. The whole time I was drinking sparks and was absolutely certain I was going to be thrown out of a seatbeltless jeep, or the jeep was going to roll over the cliffs because that's what jeeps do. They roll. The caves were filled with nothing but rock and spray paint left over from the 80's, if you are going to risk using a can of spray paint in an unventilated cave it seems that you would choose a better tag than the word "penis". It wasn't a remarkable cave, not the sort that occur naturally with all the stalagtites and conquistador backstories and whatnot, it was a mining shaft from back when they thought something actually existed in the vegas desert besides more desert. So we left the cave and found a ton of bullet-riddled trash. Not only is there a ton of rusting melted debris in certain areas of the desert, it all seems to have been caught in a hail of gunfire. The most interesting piece of trash (besides the rusting cars at the bottom of cliffs) was a plastic santa next to an axe. Oh and shit shit shit I lost my camera. Maybe for good.
I left the desert covered in a thin layer of dust, the whole time since my goal was to just get in the shower. Now I have done that and I guess all that's left is to end the day. It's a holiday weekend but I hate traveling when everyone else on earth travels. They tell you go get out of here for an extra day you must go sit next to a body of water. Suddenly everyone has this grand desire to be in transit but I just want to sit down and breathe, plus I despise an overbooked flight.

Oh that was weird, a Magnetic Fields song in a commerical. "I think I need a new heart" and it's a dog food commercial. I adore my industry. Some people say its destructive, I think it's absurd.
Am I really watching Desperate Housewives? No, not really. I am going to lay down now and wonder how long it will be before I am able to visit atlanta. Right now it's looking more and more like never. Terrible, terrible miles.

I despise an overbooked flight
I adore my industry


it's a brain tumor and it's causing me to use awful verbs! ps. I have a headache.