Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Sufjan Stevens- "Come on, Feel The Illinoise"
Sufjan Stevens has a plan. To write an album about every single state. So far he has completed two. Meaning to say I seriously doubt he will see this plan through, but as Captain Murphy says "I have tons of plans, you don't see any of them getting done do you!?"
I will let you guess which state the above song is about. Oh and if it helps the title of the album is "Illinois", and it is very, very good. Probably my favorite Sufjan Stevens album so far. Good lord that man is talented.

Spanky and Our Gang- "Leopard Skin Phones"
In lieu of a drawn-out description, I will say only that this song is from 1968 and is a little fast-paced groove number that is my new favorite "relatively obscure mp3" find. Oh and the lyrics are about listening to and recording music. And the group has "Spanky" in it's name. Yep. Spanky.

The Clash- "Louie Louie"
Prolly from around 1980, I mean fuck it's The Clash covering "Louie Louie" is there really anything more to say.

THE SCIENCE PART!

Everyone who likes science must visit "Singing Science", which features a collection of songs from the 50's and 60's about science. Ok I have not actually listened to any of them yet but with titles like "It's A Magnet!" you best believe I am downloading the whole damn collection. I am going to be so smart and it's all thanks to music!



I really should start an mp3 blog or something as my taste in music remains beyond reproach.




for those of you not familiar with downloading links, if you are using a pc: right-click and choose "save link as" or "save target as" (depending on your browser), if you are using a mac: press "ctrl" and click on the link, then choose "save link as" or "save target as" just like on a pc. ok gotta go bye.