Wednesday, May 18, 2005

While I'm on this mp3 kick- here's more to grab before the links dissappear...

firstly, my two new favorite songs ever of the moment:

The Golden Cups- "Hey Joe"
Yeah, it's a cover but a really fucking good cover by a Japanese band...with a distortion pedal.

The Lovekevins- "Blame The English"
Who are these kids? I have no idea but I cannot stop listening to this song.

More covers! Paul Anka! Covering shit! Anka! Burger! Table six!

Paul Anka- "Jump"
Paul Anka- "Wonderwall"

I think this band is secretly responsible for "Elektronik Supersonik", and I hope to god it's a joke cause it's damn funny:


EUROMOTION! ONLY THING CAN STOP THEM IS FLAT TIRE!

Euromotion- "Dance Move Burglar"
Euromotion- "Lost In Time and Space"

And four more just cause:

Girls Are Short- "The Natural"

DJ Riko (Featuring Gerald A and Katie Enlow)- "P-Funk Is Playing At My House"
Yes, it's one of the 5 billion variations on the LCD Soundsystem song. But it's the best one I have heard thus far.

BMX Bandits- "Kylie's Got A Crush On Us"
Hey! Remember that Nicole Kidman movie "BMX Bandits"? Hey! Remember Teenage Fanclub? This song somehow manages to combine both these elements into a song having nothing to do with either one!

Brown Brothers- "Platform Blues"
Jazz cover of the Pavement song- only recommended if you know the song, otherwise it just sounds like something you'd jam out to with a ficus plant in the elevator lobby.

Now if you will excuse me I am gonna go to Target and get some Pizza Hut goodness.

(see previous entry, re: how to download songs)