Sunday, October 08, 2006

I just watched "Manderlay", part two of Lars Von Trier's love song to the depression-era american south. I can't say that I recommend it, not the way I recommended dogville about three years ago on this very blog. It didn't have nicole kidman in it, instead opting for some chick who looked creepily like molly ringwald. Oh and another thing, there are no dust storms in alabama, I don't know why that bothered me but it did. And I felt like there was an unclear lesson being screamed in our faces.
Or maybe it was just a little too "von triersian". I like Brecht just as much as the next guy but around hour three it starts to feel like some college experimental theater project that you want to throw milkduds at. Let's not take ourselves too seriously ok.


Oh and on an entirely different note, Stephen Colbert appears to be on some sort of intellectual property theivery jag.