Thursday, May 20, 2004

I wonder if the same cheerleaders who stood on the sidelines while shouting "Be Aggressive!" to their football player boyfriends, fifteen years later shout that very same cheer from the lobby of their husband's used car dealership during the really tough sales.
And I wonder if they wish they had, while in high school, yelled something more along the lines of "Be thinking bigger than community college!" or "B comes after A in the alphabet! Reading! Learn it!"
Probably would have made the choreography difficult...I suppose urging the defense to defend its patch of astroturf lends itself to synchronized ass shaking more so than a thorough- albeit loud-summary on basic photosynthetic processes.


I might go to Berlin for a week in August.
You can measure my increasing excitement in the number of excessive umlauts.