Wednesday, August 25, 2004

One of my friends, in an e-mail, just slapped the following metaphor on the ATL:

"This place is a swamp and the scene is dirtier than a festering blister on a bangkok desolate's sweaty foot during monsoon season."

can't really argue on that one...

Ok, now I am going to be the whiny little complainer version of me that I hate:
I am so busy it's nuts. Just nuts. Not only is there work work work (tv scripts, retail stuff etc.) but I have yet to fill our past-due timesheets or past-due expense reports, plus today I found out I'm moving cubicles- which is gonna take forever because in the year and a half I've worked here I have managed to amass a whole mess of crap.
Plus there's no time to work on my own stuff, like my short stories or photography, and half the time I have no creative energy left anyways. And I have to clean my house. Because it's getting rediculous. And by rediculous I mean re-goddamn-diculous.
Oh yeah. I need a new phone. And a new tire. It's not that I don't have the money for these things. I don't have the daylight hours required for acquisition. Speaking of money, I'm almost two months overdue for my review. I understand everyone's busy, but damn I'm tired of my mom asking if I'd had it yet (yep, made the mistake of telling her).
And it's only gonna get worse, cause this ain't even the busy season.
So when I stay awake, it usually has less to do with partying and more to do with there being not enough hours and way too much to do.

And yes, I know it's a tradeoff- time or money- and yes, I know I'm doing the mature thing because I will worry like a maniac if I have no money to pay shit off with it's just the way I am. And yes, my job is easy compared to a lot of jobs.

But damn. I mean...damn.

So...anyone going to MJQ later?
hehe.