Saturday, October 02, 2004

Cremasters Of The Universe!

I just uttered the phrase "oh, except the highlander. he can't die." I would cite context, but context seems to be rapidly becoming less and less important as the hours pass. Sufficive to say that the cat is having an affair with my computer bag and there is a french paratrooper in the adjoining room (or- citing lack of parachute or biplane- perhaps simply paragroundsman, or just infantryman or if we're very lucky a french highlander like from five seconds ago with the immortality and all). And if asked to cheer up a french mercenary from the inter- highlander what to do, what to do...tup tup...tup? Of course! Give him a copy of the Law and Order Coloring Adventure Book!

As one of my coworkers exclaimed:
"You can color in your own blood and shit!" -Justin, coworker

Inching towards surreal, I think, though the early AM fog has since lifted. Fog makes everything a bit more diagetic, as do the tinkly soothing tones of listening to something I like to call aquarium rock.* Combine this with the random early morning normality of a man bidding his matching pink-attired daughters see ya later for a day of work and it makes for quite the virtual conciousness. I'm spectating like a motherfucking champ!
The entire evening was a bit (in lieu of repeating "surreal") ethereal..god that sounds too much like the screen name of a girl in her 20's that still collects pictures of fairies but spells it faeries and has that ophelia print above her bed. Phantasmagoric? No, that just makes me think of "PhantasmagoRIE!"
While I search for an adjective you kids enjoy a heaping helping of cereal!*(2)



Detatched. Everything was just student film verite and I was watching the scenery start to crack at the hinges. Mmmm...pretention.

And I will cut myself off for fear of this post turning into something cathartically unreadable.

If anyone asks, last night never happened. If you can't handle the lie, just distract them with these magical floating knives:



appendix
*aquarium rock is the subgenre of some other genre that I made up. it sounds the way you would imagine music would sound if it were played on xylophones by marine life. that is to say, it sounds a bit like the "let's go under the sea" section of my 1983 strawberry shortcake workout album.
*(2) smoke break, actually.