Tuesday, October 19, 2004

You better slap a muzzle on that scaled-down piece of evil

Space Ghost: Welcome to the show! Tonight my guests are pork roast and fishwich... (stomach growls) I mean Michael Stipe and Lassie.
...

Space Ghost: Okay, Mike, I'm going to send you a high-pitched message that only you can hear!

Zorak: (to himself) Why me?

Space Ghost: (opens mouth, extremely high pitch sound)

Michael Stipe: (tilts head to one side) No message, Space Ghost.

Space Ghost: Okay then, sing that song, sing that, "Shiny Shiny People" song.

Michael Stipe: No.

Space Ghost: I'll get you started. (sings) "Shiny shiny people, shiny shiny people..."

Michael Stipe: I hate that song, Space Ghost.

Space Ghost: Oh, me too, Michael, me too. Say, Mike, do think I'm a shiny shiny person?

Michael Stipe: I would say yes.

Space Ghost: Yes?

Michael Stipe: Yes.

Space Ghost: You're sure?

Michael Stipe: Yes, absolutely.

Space Ghost: You don't see some dark, horrible corner inside of me somewhere?

Michael Stipe: No, none.

Space Ghost: Okay. You're sure?

Michael Stipe: Yep.

Zorak: I have a question. Is that you in the corner?

Michael Stipe: (looks down under glasses)

Zorak: (points) That way, in the corner! (picture of Zorak's band, with Michael Stipe's face in lower right corner of screen, rubbing front teeth)

Michael Stipe: That's me in the corner, yeah.

Zorak: Freaky!

-from the 1995 episode of SGC2C "Hungry"