Sunday, March 21, 2004

I just converted a drum and bass/ambient dj into an R.E.M. fan. I'm like a Jehovah's Witness, except with better clothes and dance moves.
He said he stopped listening after "fables" for no particular reason, and then (insert number here) years later-meaning, a few months ago- he finds out that I like R.E.M. and decides that there might be something to them after all because my tastes are impeccable. Oh, and he said he heard "Nightswimming" for the first time (ever!) a week ago and was impressed. Plus stipe once danced at a place that he dj-d and anything for a fan. So this afternoon we're gonna watch "Perfect Square" and I shall instruct in the fine art of flailing.
Ok, gotta get back to the turntables...the "innagattadavita (extended dance remix)" is going to be over soon and I have yet to decide which Rapture song to play next! Though the dance floor here at the factory is suprisingly empty for 8am...I love the random shite that happens here. Earlier I walked in on a naked coffin photo shoot and it really didn't phase me as much as not being able to locate a lighter. Oh, and there's a coffin here. In the middle of the floor.
No seriously. The turntables. Anyone else notice that Parliaments are kinda tricky to open now? It took the strength of me and guy who reclaimed my badass sunglasses to open one pack. I guess the "stand at either end and pull" idea was golden after all. We'll have our cancer yet! Let's wear mexican blankets and make out, for old's time's sake. If I had my way I'd play Herman's Hermits and Dave Clark Five and Franz Ferdinand and "Temptation" by New Order and Cabaret Voltaire and there would be no saying no. Because my way is solely dictated by me.
Linoleum floor! Linoleum floor!
(flail)