Monday, March 22, 2004

Last night I got all ambitious (or encouraged others to become all ambitious, as I am crap with electronics) and set up the DVD projector at the Factory to watch "Perfect Square" in big screen larger than life glory. Lemme tell ya, it's twice as good when it's ten times bigger than your normal big screen tv. It was like being in a movies theater where you can lounge on a couch with a cigarette in one hand and a glass of peach schnapps in the other. And watch R.E.M.

This morning the 'Rolla had a flat tire so I took it to Decatur (which is what you do when faced with a flat tire, right?). I took Marta in to work, which would have been fine except a massive cold front decided to take a GIANT CRAP all over Atlanta this week and I was walking against gale-force winds. I don't understand the physics in walking against the wind no matter what direction you're facing.

I did manage to read a sizable portion of "Flatland" while on the train, which is shaping up to be pretty interesting. It's basically about a society that exists only in the second dimension, the class strata determined by how many sides you had (the more, the better- circles being the highest of all), and one square's struggle to find other dimensions. I'm interested in multi-dimensional studies, so I like stuff like this...don't know if you the viewer would like it or not.

Ok I'm off to buy candy.