Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Today ushers in a new era of responsibility for me. I call it the Age of Relative Responsibility, and I expect it to last two, maybe two and a half days. This morning (after getting to work on time, after a full night of sleep) I paid bills and balanced my checkbook. And then filled out a bunch of timesheets. Tonight instead of going out I plan on reading, doing some light housekeeping and possibly writing. Then I will go to sleep at a decent hour.

And it was a golden age indeed.
I love it when people call themselves hip. Personally I prefer "pseudo-intellectual fuckup."

Some insights from Monday night:
-you cannot find cigarettes in downtown Atlanta before seven am. Especially if you are
driving around having this conversation:
Me: "Which way do you think we should go?"
Him: "I'm not sure. Maybe right?"
Me: "That's a one-way street."
Him: "Maybe we should go around the block again."
Me: "Ok."
Him: "Why is it nothing but breakfast places are open?"
Me: "Seriously. Don't they know some of us like nicotine for breakfast?"
and upon arrival at BP:
Him: "Do you want me to get out and get them?"
Me: "That's ok, I'll do it."
Him: "Are you sure?"
Me: "Uh-huh."
Him: "Really?"
Me: "Yep."
continue to sit in car.
Him: I'm getting out with you.
end scene
-A lot of my life is spent discussing and/or participating in cigarette acquisition. That shall be the subject of my next novelette.
-Towing companies are pure evil.
-Margaritas are pure evil (still).
-No matter how much you think they'll change, some people just continue to dissappoint. Not hurt, just dissappoint.
-I can somewhat understand the above because I have not been the best of friends lately. It's nothing personal, it's just the state I'm in. Not a great one, admittedly, but I'm there nonetheless.
-Some people (see: earlier cigarette dialogue, see: earlier dissappointment) are also smarter than I think a lot of people give them credit for. (Quit rolling your eyes; I don't exactly throw around smart cards.)
-I'm pretty pathetic, huh?
-Not getting enough sleep for seven nights in a row is not a good idea.
-I need to allocate money in a wiser manner.

Now is the time that I resume my studies on the fine art of passive persuasion.

Ciao, Manhattan!