Thursday, March 03, 2005

So, um...as much as I hate revealing this via internet- as of today (or tomorrow I suppose) I am unemployed. It's a long story. Ok not really but it only makes sense if you knew what was going on at the agency. Meaning to say it wasn't just me. Damn, I love some corporate america.
Anyways, I probably won't be updating near as often (or on i-chat) since the laptop belonged to the office and is no longer in my possesion. Even though I'm going to be broke as fuck for a bit, I'm not worried too terribly much about finding another job- time to call those headhunters that keep calling me...and collect those freelance checks...it seems like I have both a million things and nothing to do at the same time. This year is officially sucking again.
Trying to think of this as a "mental vacation" is not going so well. The fact that I was about to have a mental breakdown there is currently being overridden (is that a word?) by, you know...bills and shit. I need to contact the people I started at the agency with, my friends there who have been telling me to get out for months, but first I am going to do some heavy drinking. (which for me involves no more than two glasses of wine) Oh and I need to go pick my car up from the shop and pay the $900 repair bill. Right, that then drinking.

I'm probably going to look in a different city. My lease is up and so is my patience with atlanta. And sobriety, that's definitely in order too considering the whole no income thing...starting tomorrow.

I reaaallly don't want to tell my parents about this.