Thursday, September 30, 2004

From Late Night With Conan O' Brien...

"So I got us new song. I got us a really good song."

Girl, you must be from another time one where awesomeness was not confined
'cause awesomeness is awesome, baby
But not like you
you're so awesome I say yeah
How'd you get so awesome, baby?
From drinking lots of awesome juice?
The awesome juice has worked, hooray
awesomeness ooh-ooh


"Basically, it's the word "awesome." I counted like 23 times, and-"

"28."

"28 awesomes."

"Yeah, I think it's a lot."

"'Awesome' is, like, the word kids use today. I actually went to a mall yesterday. And hung around for about two hours, until I got asked to leave. And I heard the word "awesome" so many times. Like, kids- this is what kids say. They're also swearing a lot, but- You know, we can't do that. That's not gonna get play. I heard a lot of- like, I heard [ Bleep ] A lot. This, [ Bleep ] That. But I swear to god, the second word I heard the most- third word. I heard, "you [ Bleep ]." I heard that a lot. And then the third word I heard a lot was "awesome." Kids say "awesome" all the time. Trust me- I know what I'm doing.
You are bad boys, all right?
You've been sent to prison.
You've been sent to prison for mail fraud.
You're in here for tax evasion.
You killed a cat.
You ate a tomato that didn't belong to you.
And you're just- you're just a creep. And they put you in prison.
All right? That's your motivation. The only studio that we could afford already had a few sets in it, for some reason. So basically, we were forced to incorporate those sets into the video. Here's the idea- you've been in prison so long, you don't know what kind of music they're listening to outside anymore. You think they're listening to old ragtime, so it's like-"

how'd you get so awesome, baby?
Hey, there little awesome girl


"Come on. Let's go, dudez. All right. Here's the deal. You guys are at the bottom of the deep blue sea in this sequence. All right?"

Swim swimmin' and the fishy go by
swim swimmin' then the fishy go by


"We'll create the illusion that -- what? What was that?

"I thought that was cool."

"I'm not gay! Is that what you said? I'm not. You're wrong...Okay, well, the good news is we've got our space backdrop. And we've got a spaceman and alien. Little bit of a glitch. These are the only space costumes that we've got. But I think we can make do with these other costumes. And these are great. You're now superman, a doctor and richard nixon."

"You're going-
ha ha
I want you to be going like-
ho ha
I want you to be going like-
uh huh
and I want you to be going like-
a shimma shimma shimma
And I want you to be going like-
nyah ha say ba ooh ooh
Hey!"

A shimma shi-I-mma shim
a shimma shi-imma shim
a shimma shimma shim
a shimma shimma shim
a shim
shim
shebapbap
shebapbap
yep yep yep
yep yep yep
shimma shimma shim
shimma shimma shim


"This'll be the space egg. So, space alien, you are guarding the space egg with your life, okay? We got this. A giant toothbrush. Okay? So you're now a space dentist, all right? Donk I is -- it's a space donkey. It's a symbol of what party?"

"Democrats."

"Democrats- richard nixon was a republican. So you be like mad at the space donkey. I want you to partner up right here, if you would. Huh? Would you come this way? Right over here. Right this way, young lady. Very nice. And you will be with superman, right here. Nice. How many dudez are there? How many dudez a plenti? What is it?"

"Five."

"There are five?"

"Five."

"Okay, my bad. I thought it was four. Sorry."



One time
I should not have eaten that tomato
girl, you must be from another time one where awesomeness was not confi-I-eded
to awesome things like I and them
even awesomeness itself does not compare
'cause awesomeness
a awesome, baby not like you
you're so awesome I say yeah, baby, ooh
how'd you get so awesome, baby?
Drinking lots of awesome juice
the awesome juice has worked, hooray
I want to be with you
hey, there little awesome girl
can I get some awesome juice oh, please
body wants to be with me
ooh, yeah shimma shimma sha ooh
Girl, you must be from another time
I say, one where awesomeness is not confined
to awesome things like a and them
even awesomeness itself does not compare
'cause awesomeness is awesome, baby not like you
you're really awesome


"I think they're on their way. Unless I forget again."


This article comes from Popdirt.com
http://popdirt.com