Saturday, April 23, 2005

Hartsfield is wearing the stink face let me tell you. I have never seen such a collectively pissed off bunch of travelers, not a group that is leaving atlanta anyways. See the thing is that almost every delta gate had a plane in it. At 3am.
Ok and I am gonna rewind about 8 hours back to when my plane leaving Milwaukee was delayed almost 2 hours due to an "inability" to fly through "tornadoes" hovering around "indianapolis". And as not even remotely interesting as the Milwaukee Airport is- (connecting flights to boise, saskatchewan and fon-du-lac? ok maybe not fon-du-lac but I did see an interstate exit that read "fon-du-lac" with an arrow pointed towards fon-du-lac and now I can't stop typing fon-du-lac and scene) it seemed like a party at chuck-e-cheese when, several hours later, I found myself thousands of feet above land, land you know the place where gravity said do not fly goddammit but we did anyways and now I am in my second hour of rollercoaster turbulance looking out the window and seeing lightening all around me. Ok. The combination of lightening and a giant metal jet sitting higher than anything in the biggest open space ever did not sit well with my rudimentary knowledge of electromagnetic science-mongering. And I was getting a little woozy and not in the good way, rather in the which-annoying-passenger-should-I-aim-the-vomit-at way.
And then of course we landed in Birmingham. What's worse than an unexpected landing in Alabama? An unexpected landing in Alabama when you are not even allowed out of the plane for even a second. But ok the rest of the story is even less interesting, needless to say I arrived back in one piece but it was 3am and now it's even later, and I am pretty sure the Inman Park Festival is going to start directly outside of my window in a few hours.
The Inman Park Festival, the festival that brings me pain which I am pretty sure is the opposite of what a festival should do (except maybe The Pain Festival but even that sounds better than when someone mentions the inmanparkfestival). It all started this time last year when I was not allowed to park on my blocked-off street which led to a string of events which led to the eventual making of "Bear The Movie!" which led to me wandering around downtown atlanta in such a funk that even homeless people were telling me to cheer up.
It is not a good thing when the look you are wearing is such that people who have nowhere to sleep and nothing to eat and are probably sick and in pain are telling you cheer up because life is not that bad.

Ok this is getting long so I will tell all about the wonders of Milwaukee at a later entry- actually I kind of really like it who knew they were almost a port town!? Fuck yeah great five lakes- THEY REALLY ARE THE GREATEST FIVE OF ALL THE LAKES IN THE LAND.

My camera battery completely kicked it about an hour before I left so I did not get any pictures...here are some pictures that have absolutely nothing to do with the aforementioned bit:





(i made that blue dress/more filering/the lamp and the solar system are best friends)