Sunday, April 17, 2005

I spent a good portion of this weekend sleeping, which I guess is not a bad thing in the sense that it doesn't cost anything and who couldn't use a bit more sleep but good lord I was not aware I even had the ability to keep my eyes closed for such long stretches of time. So yeah, friday night= asleep, although on Saturday I managed to pull myself together long enough to attend an art opening at "the contemporary" (the Atlanta Contemporary Art Center, which is where you are when you find yourself completely lost between 500 warehouses on Marietta St.). It was one of those exhibits where (as I whispered to my friend upon wondering whether these logs scattered about the foyer were kindling or part of the show) I was gonna become very indecisive over whether or not I was allowed to sit in a chair because it could be "art". And of course upon hearing "Highway to The Danger Zone" blaring from an adjoining room I said a bit too loudly "hey I bet that's art" lo and behold it was indeed coming from a tape deck atop what appeared to be part parade float/part bed. I declared to no one in particular that I wanted to fasten that art to the back of my car and haul it all about the town! At which point I splashed a bit more wine over my tiny plastic cup, and decided that maybe I was not made to look at art if I can't tell the art from the not art and so we promptly vacated the art for some beers and some food at the earl, all the while I had that poem stuck in my head which reads something along the lines of:
ART IN ART IS ART, ART IN ART IS NOT ART, ETC.
I think it is by a dude named Ad Reinhardt, let me see if I can find a link hold on a sec-
Here it is: Art in Art Is Art As Art.
God what a lovely poem, I had it on my wall at work for awhiles just to confuse the hell out of all my coworkers. Oh those were the days. Now it's time to get back to resizing ads for printing purposes, can't get too far off my intense sleeping schedule.
Until next time...